The Royal Prince Edward Yacht Club (RPEYC) is a private yacht club located on Felix Bay, Point Piper on the southern shoreline of Sydney Harbour.
There are currently 500 members of the RPEYC. Guests are welcome when accompanied by a Member.
The RPEYC hosts Wednesday afternoon racing in four divisions from October through to April and is also very active in race management of its own regattas as well as managing many of the Royal Sydney Squadron’s Saturday races.
The Clubhouse was purpose-built in 1924 as a yacht club, 2 years after the land was acquired and proffers spectacular views of the harbour from the Clubhouse and lawn. Many of the original features are still very evident. The full sized billiard table was “borrowed” in the 1930’s from the Commodore while he was overseas and remains to this day for use in the Club.
The first floor of the Clubhouse consists of the Club Bar, full sized billiard table, a large lounge room and separate dining room overlooking Shark Island. Apart from fully catered lunches and dinners, the lounge and dining room are used extensively for information evenings and talks related to sailing. Members are permitted to host their own private functions at the Club, catered to their specific requirements.
The grounds of the RPEYC include a dingy and kayak storage shed with a davit for lifting dinghies to road level and a barbeque. Tables and chairs are located on both the front and rear lawns, used predominantly for outside dining and entertainment. The front lawn leads onto Lady Martin’s beach, a popular sandy harbour beach for members and the public to use.
The RPEYC owns the jetty, which can be used to drop off or pick up members and their guests, subject to vessel size restrictions. The Club controls a number of moorings in Felix Bay that members can rent.
Office Bearers 2018 – 2019
Commodore: Adrian Broadbent
Vice Commodore: Caroline Crane
Rear Commodore: Anthony Booth
Honorary Treasurer: Max Sheaffe